When you suspect or diagnose a developmental abnormality during your patient’s pregnancy, you want to find the best possible care for her and her unborn baby or babies.
As one of the nation’s top fetal surgery and care centers, the Fetal Care Institute has the knowledge, experience and compassion to handle everything from common prenatal conditions that require consistent monitoring to rare fetal diagnoses that would benefit from fetal surgery. Since opening in 2009, more than 1,000 families have chosen the Fetal Care Institute for care.
Bringing together maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists, pediatric specialists, specialized nurses, cutting-edge technology, and a family-oriented approach, we offer treatment options to families for their unborn babies that they would not otherwise have.
The St. Louis Fetal Care Institute is the right place for your patients:
- We have an extensive fetal care program, from advanced diagnosis to needle based fetal therapy, fetoscopic intervention and open fetal surgery.
- We coordinate all aspects of the patient’s care, as a multidisciplinary team. This collaborative team includes pediatric specialists from SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, obstetric specialists from SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital and the academic support of Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
- We are one of only a handful of fetal centers nationwide to offer groundbreaking treatment options, such as open fetal surgery, for babies in the womb.
- We know the importance of working with you to ensure the needs of your patient and her unborn baby are met.
- We will ensure you are informed and part of the decision-making process for each of your patients. Depending on the diagnosis, most often your patients can deliver their babies at their home hospital, under your care.
As you know, early diagnosis and treatment leads to improved outcomes. Our team can help you provide better outcomes for those unique cases. If you refer your patient to the St. Louis Fetal Care institute, you can trust that she is in good hands: a team who knows each patient by name, who works with you, the patient and her family, who follows closely the progress of her pregnancy, and who explores all of the options for treatment.
If you or your team would like to visit the SSM Health St. Louis Fetal Care Institute click here to learn more about our program shadowing initiative.