Fears: change in appearance, pain, loss of control, death and honesty with doctors, nurses and family members.
- Allow for independence when possible.
- Encourage peer interactions.
- Allow your child to be involved in his or her care and decisions.
- Provide reasons for test/procedures.
- Provide distraction/relaxation techniques during procedures.
- Respect privacy when possible.
For more helpful information, click on the following links:
What Happens When You Go For Your Test
Back to Child Life Services