Southside Day Nursery
SSDN serves hundreds of families per year by providing high-quality childcare and preschool education that prepares children for success in school while enabling their parents and guardians to work, attend school, and maintain economic stability.
The majority of the children served lived in poverty and come from single-parent homes. SSDN relies on private support to help fulfill some of the costs of these programs.
SSDN Learning Center
The Southside Day Nursery Learning Center provides educational programs to meet the emotional, social, cognitive, and physical developmental needs for children of ages 6 months to 6 years prior to entering elementary school. The learning center is licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and accredited by Missouri Voluntary Accreditation. Child development is closely monitored.
Anna Rich, Learning Center Director
314-865-0322, ext. 4005
Early Head Start
The Southside Day Nursery Early Head Start works to improve health and development of infants and toddlers in partnership with CDI Head Start. Early Head Start achieves its goals in a variety of ways:
- improving access to prenatal care in first trimester
- prenatal and ongoing parental education
- identifying children with special needs and obtaining services accordingly
- ensuring families have access to pediatricians, dentists, etc.
- various health screenings
- immunization updates
- mental health services
- ongoing developmental monitoring
- utilizing developmentally appropriate curriculum
- working with community partners to deliver family needs
- involving parents in the program at all levels
- transition planning prior to entering preschool
Southside Day Nursery:
2930 Iowa Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63118
Return to Resources in the Community home page