The Pastoral Care Department at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center ministers to the children, their parents, family and friends, as well as the staff who cares for the children. Chaplains focus on the spiritual needs of everyone involved, and respect diverse ethnic and religious cultures.
How to Contact Us
A chaplain is available 24 hours a day. You may ask your doctor or nurse to contact us, ask the hospital operator to contact a chaplain, or call our office directly at (314) 268-2700, ext. 1168.
Our chapel, located on the first floor, is open 24 hours a day. All faiths are welcome.
ServicesInterfaith Prayer Room
Mass: 11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. Sunday
This room is available for private reflection and is located across the hall from the Same Day Surgery waiting room (Second Floor, Main Tower).
Prayer Request Book
Outside the chapel is a book where parents, family and friends sign the names of loved ones and their special requests.
Ways Chaplains Can Help
Our chaplains respond to your needs by:
- Listening to your story
- Helping you identify spiritual needs and issues
- Praying with you or for you
- Offering prayer, scripture, sacraments, worship services
- Assisting with ethical decisions
- Helping in contacting your pastor, minister, rabbi or imam
- Assisting as you explore your own beliefs, coping mechanisms and support systems
- Helping you maintain your spiritual strength while here
- Offering support as you make a loving decision for your child
All People Have Spiritual Needs
These are things a chaplain can discuss with you or help you understand:
- Belonging - Who cares about me?
- Hope - Can tomorrow really be as good as or better than today?
- Communication - How do I speak what is in my heart?
- Forgiveness - Am I holding resentments inside?
- Connection - Do I allow myself inner space to discover the Holy, to listen and to talk to God?
- Trust - What helps me most when I feel afraid?
- Values - What do I believe in that guides how I act?
- Meaning - How can I make sense out of what is happening?